State Fair

State Fair
State Fair Ribbons

Monday, July 4, 2011

Flag Cake

Just a prepared yellow cake mix (I added a 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract), cool whip, and fruit.  So easy! You can use any type of fruit for a summer dessert.  Pears, nectarines, peaches, raspberries, even grapes and plums would be good!  If you have not tried a yellow cake mix,  you should.   It is my favorite cake to use for whipped cream and fruit. I'm not fond of other boxed mixes, but yellow cake mix is special.  I used Duncan Hines for this cake, but I've used other brands as well.

5 comments:

  1. Your flag cake looks perfect!

    That pate brisee recipe is on that post (at the bottom) with Paige's rhubarb/strawberry pie. She has also posted it elsewhere on her blog, whenever she has made something with a crust. It's a great all butter, crisp, crust recipe. She's a chef and I took tons of classes from her. Her food is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katrina! I did finally see it at the bottom of the recipe. I guess I thought it would be a link or something...And thanks for turning me on to another excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I don't run into to too many Gloria's. ;) Your flag cake is super cute and the kitty in your post below the flag is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love pairing fruit with a lighter cake in the summertime :)

    ReplyDelete