State Fair

State Fair
State Fair Ribbons

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Toasted Banana Bread slices!

I was in the mood for toast this morning, but I didn't have any bread.  Then I realized that wasn't completely true-I had delicious banana bread made for my retirement pot luck by a coworker's wife. I wondered what a slice of banana bread would taste like toasted and slathered with butter.   I found out.  I may have discovered banana bread gold!   The edges were crispy from the high sugar content.  The rest of the slice was a little bit crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.  With the butter slathered on, need I say more?
There may be some of you out there who have tried this.  It may be old news to you.  It was a new banana bread frontier to me! If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it!  Directions:
Slice a piece of banana bread into at least a 1/2 inch thick piece and pop it in the toaster. To remove it, unplug the toaster and take a couple of knives to lift it out.

Better Than Lots of Things - Banana Bread Toast

5 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! I love banana bread toast!! It's very decadent isn't it!?
    A retirement potluck must mean that you've retired! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 days and counting! I came up with the banana bread toast idea all on my own.. I thought "what if no one else has tried this?" Then I looked on line.....I should know better! At least it was a new idea to most of my "old" friends! Hope you are enjoying this nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg. I absolutely love banana bread. I don't know what I never thought to toast it?!?! I know what I want for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the discovery! :) Next time try a slice of a poundcake and then slather with butter... mind blowing :). Oh, and Banana Bread French Toast :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will do Adam! Anything with butter is usually good! Hope everyone likes the banana bread toast if they try it!

    ReplyDelete