State Fair

State Fair
State Fair Ribbons

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chocolate covered PB pretzel snacks

I've been making this easy, quick,  no cooking involved "candy" for many years using Ritz PB mini sandwhich crackers. Now I use Snyders of Hanover's mini PB pretzel sandwiches. 
All you need are the sandwich pretzels, semi sweet chocolate chips (I think milk chocolate or a combo of semi and milk would work too),  a little bit of vegetable oil, and optional sprinkles.-- Oh yes, and wax paper.

Chocolate and peanut butter pretzels posing with Northern Gannetts






I made these in a hurry so they were a bit messy this time.


Here is the recipe:

One bag of peanut butter pretzel sandwiches
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips ( I used Nestles minis because I wanted to use them up-Ghirardelli or Hershey's are better in my opinion.)
1 teaspoon canola oil or other vegetable oil
optional sprinkles
wax paper
cookie sheet

Directions:
Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
Put the chocolate chips in a microwavable measuring cup-preferably a 1 cup or larger size.
Microwave the chips for 30 seconds-stir-then add 1 t oil.  Continue microwaving another 30 seconds and continue doing this until they are just about melted.  Stir until they are melted.  Mix in a few of the pretzels at a time and carefully stir to coat them.  You can use a fork or a spoon to take them out and drop them onto the wax paper.  While they are still wet add optional sprinkles.  Put into the refrigerator for about 15 to 30 minutes until the chocolate is not glossy. Store in a covered container on the counter.
**Note:  I don't know how many pretzels a 1/2 cup of chips can cover since I don't count...when you run out of chocolate, just melt up more!






6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Sounds and looks yummy. Thanks for sharing.

    Lets have some fun. Take the test Your Snacks Personality and find out which of these snacks do you prefer? I have taken the test and enjoyed a lot. Hope you too will enjoy it. Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to get home from China and have some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous and Claudia, thanks for the comments!
    These are definitely worth coming home for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are always yummy! I've never made them, but I certainly understand the attraction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made the matzah crack with salted butter today- love the contrast in sweet and salty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, I'm putting this one in the rotation for party food. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete