State Fair

State Fair
State Fair Ribbons

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Anna's adapted Deluxe 8 Inch Pan Brownies

I was so excited to see Anna's post on Cookie Madness  here today!  I tried it as soon as I saw it.  Sometimes a recipe just hits me hard between the eyes!  Also, I had all the simple ingredients. I only made ONE, yes, ONE change!   I followed her recipe exactly except I used salted butter (omitted the extra salt), and added 2 more tablespoons of flour, and used decaffeinated coffee.   OK.  You caught me.  I made THREE changes!  The crust is crispy and from Anna's teaching, I believe that is from beating the eggs for 3 minutes...They came out a little fudgier for me, but that may be because I just might have under baked them a bit.  I added the extra flour and I believe that helped the chocolate chips stay dispersed through out the batter and not sink.
If you try them you won't be disappointed!
See Anna's post for the recipe!

The "flashy" photo

3 comments:

  1. They look great! My chips did sink, but I was scared to add any extra flour. Maybe I'll have to try it next time. That, or use mini chips, which are light and don't usually sink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna and Iva! These are good-my niece says best ever!

    ReplyDelete